- In 1880 Melbourne was the richest city in the world.
- Australia’s first police force was made up of the most well-behaved convicts.
- One in 10 households has a net worth exceeding $1.6 million, and one per cent of households have wealth above $5 million.
- Life expectancy at birth three decades ago was 76, today it is 82 and in 2044, it is projected to be more than 90.
- Melbourne’s iconic trams carry four times as many people to work as Sydney’s iconic ferries.
- 1 and 2 cent bronze coins were removed from circulation in 1992 the collected coins were melted down to create the bronze medals awarded in the Sydney Olympics of 2000.
- The movie business began in Australia with the world’s first feature film made in 1899 by the Salvation Army called Soldiers of the Cross.
Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.
Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.
The great thing in this world is not so much where you stand, as in what direction you are moving.
Share life with those that love you the most and share love with those that share it the least.
Keep your face to the sunshine and you can never see the shadow.
Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.